Is it Not Straight? Installing and Caring for Artworks
A course designed for those who want to learn about various basics of hanging, caring and preserving artwork. The course will be held in Icelandic.
Artworks adorn most homes and many companies and institutes in Iceland. This course is designed for those who want to learn about various basics of hanging, caring and preserving artwork. Participants will also receive an insight into the inner workings of the museum and get to see an exhibition being installed. The course is led by Sigurdur Trausti Traustason, Head of Collections and Research, and guest specialists will also have presentations and demonstrations. Kristín Gísladóttir conservator. Erik Hirt collections manager and Ásdís Þórhallsdóttir exhibition specialist at the Reykjavik Art Museum.
- Instructions on hanging, placement, lighting, framing and more.
- Art conservator talks about his work and gives tips and advice regarding the caring for of artwork.
- The Collection Specialist at the museum shows examples of different brackets, methods and applications.
- Behind the scenes – tour to the storage and backrooms of the museum
- Visit to an exhibition in installation.
The course is held in Icelandic.